Skip to main content

Win free registration for the upmc 5k run! (Pittsburgh)


This is a repost from one of my reader's blogs:





Win a FREE registration for the UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5k Run

Alright guys, great news... 

I have a 100% FREE registration available for the 
UPMC Health Plan - UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5k Run on Saturday May, 14th. 


in partnership with the




What you get:

A FREE registration for you or a friend or a family member along with a Nike UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5k t-shirt and any other goodies included in your race packet. That's right, you don't even have to use the registration yourself, you can give it away - just as long as whoever registers is the person who intends to run. The bib itself is not transferable. Thats a $30-$35 value!



Race Info: 

The UPMC Health Plan/ UPMCSports Medicine Pittsburgh 5k will be held on Saturday May 14th at 8am, with the Toyota Pittsburgh Kids run set to begin at 10am. The race course travels through the Pittsburgh North Shore. Anyone 14yrs+ can run on their own, and children under 14 may run if accompanied by an adult. This registration can be used for the kids run if you prefer!




How to Enter & Contest Rules:


You can earn multiple chances to win. Each entry will be entered into a random drawing, so the more entries you have the better your chances. I don't anticipate a large amount of entries, so realistically your chances are probably greater than 1 in 25, especially if you have multiple entries.

  • To earn 1 entry leave a comment on this blog with your name and either a short story about your first 5k, or some other running related story.
  • To earn 1 additional entry: Follow this blog using either your Blogger or Google account. Post a comment telling me you did so!
  • To earn 5 additional entries: Post a link to http://amadfatwoman.blogspot.com/ on your blog. The post must be a new entry, and must have a direct link to my blog. Post a comment with the link to your blog to get credit.
If you complete ALL 3 steps you will have earned 7 entries total! 


The contest will run through 11:59pm EST on Saturday, April 30th. The winner will be contacted via email. Registration information for the winning participant will need to be forwarded to me no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, May 1st 2011, so please have a runner/walker in mind.


The course map and turn by turn directions can be viewed here.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, either about the contest itself or the 5k! 

Thanks, and good luck!!!



The fine print: U.S. residents only.  Commenting will close on Saturday , April 30, at 11:59 pm, EST. The winner will be contacted via email and must be able to provide full registration information for the 5k. Packet Pick up is available the prior day at the Pittsburgh Marathon Expo, as well as race day.  Diary of a Mad Fat Women and its author are not responsible for receipt of your race packet. The race participant is solely responsible for transportation, accommodations, and any other expenses that may be incurred in order to participate in the race. The race participant is solely responsible for any injury, illness, damages, or death as a result of their own participation. Diary of a Mad Fat Woman and its author are in no way financially or civilly responsible for any incidents that may occur due to race participation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Courage is the hallmark of a warrior"

Are you traveling this path alone, or with your significant other? Joey and I started on this path in earnest on October 19th 2010. He eventually went veggie, I went vegan and we've both become pretty health conscious.  He's lost about 22 lbs, I've lost almost 70 now. (He doesn't have nearly as much to lose.)  Exposure Therapy Joey has a fairly wide streak of social anxiety. He came with me to the gym the day I got my free 3 day pass earlier this week. He even came on the tour of the gym with me, which was panic inducing for him. I had butterflies, but he was shaking and miserable just sitting in the waiting area after the tour, and he was all alone.  Today I asked him to sign up for the 3day pass. I know right now he doesn't have the time or the drive to get a membership, he just wouldn't use it enough for it to matter. But I wanted him to expose himself to the idea, I think exposure therapy is good for him, in many ways.  I think it can help a lot of peop

"Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving."

I looked at this blog for the first time in two years the other day. I wanted to reference a post in another piece of writing. I had completely forgotten that I had revamped this site, and I like its look now. I do honestly miss writing here. So, I might try and liven the joint up a bit. Check back soon! Where am I now? I am going for a physical next Friday. It will be the first one I've had in a year and a half.  I have been gaining and losing the same 20 pounds my entire life, it seems. I have had some severe health issues in the last couple of years, like heavy shit that I'm not going to bore you with right now. Either way, my immune system decided to go bust. I have spent close to a year trying to improve it. I'm eating pretty healthy, I take vitamins now, and immune-boosting gummies, and zinc and blah blah blah. I was also suffering from chronic dehydration. Don't let yourself get there kiddie winkies. It's a bad time. I have spent the last three months or

Cookbook giveaway! (Appetite for Reduction) Enter now!

This contest is for U.S residents only: Okay, so I have a few ideas for some giveaways that I'm planning on doing over the next few months. This is the first one, the next one I'll do once I hit 100 followers cuz it's a bigger prize and I'd like as many people as possible to be able to enter and spread the word. Contest Deadline: Starts now (April 12th) Ends before midnight (eastern time) April 22nd 2011 For now, I will be giving away a copy of my favorite cookbook, Appetite for Reduction , by Isa Chandra Moskowitz  << Her website. The Prize: This book is amazing, a lot of non-vegans think that vegan cookbooks are all full of strange ingredients that are only available at health food stores, but that isn't the case with this book. It has simple recipes made with easy to find and prepare ingredients and nearly everything in the book is between 200-400 calories per serving, and the servings are a good size. I've made many fabulous dishes from this b