Skip to main content

When your schedule is insane and staying on plan is difficult: Reboot

So the last week or two life has gotten pretty hectic. I've had work, job interviews, birthday celebrations and tons of doc appointments all over the place. I've been buying a bus pass because I've been running around so much. All of this of course makes it difficult to eat at home and eat healthy. I've been staying within my cals except for two days where I had two pieces of fruit extra. But I hate WHAT I'm eating and HOW I'm eating.

The "what": I've been eating fried stuff. Fried tofu here and there, one day I had fries. I don't even finish my plate, but I still feel less than stellar after eating that crap. It makes me kind of mad that when you don't eat meat the only other options for you are unhealthy deep fried stuff. I feel awful buying a taco salad when I could just as well make one at home and they are 10$ when I go to this vegan friendly place up the street. I need to remember that it's not a waste if it's saving me calories and is healthier. It's difficult to not fall into the trap of MUST GET MORE FOR MY MONEY.



The "How":  I try and eat a bigger breakfast, but then I'm SOooooo over stuffed if I double up on my smoothie. but I leave the house some days SO early, before 9, and sometimes don't get back until 10 hours later. When I'm out if I DON'T eat some horrible deep fried crap, I come home and I have like a zillion cals left over and don't want to eat too much, too late and yet I'm starving. So I eat a huge dinner and then fruit for a snack later and I generally feel overstuffed and gross, but at the time my eyes are bigger than my stomach since I skipped lunch and haven't eaten all day.

I have not lost a single lb so far this week. Weigh day is Monday for the challenge. I lost 3 lbs last week and now nothing. Other bad habits I've gotten into are that I'm not drinking the amount of water or green tea I want to be drinking or eat the amount of veggies I should be eating.  I see that this hectic schedule is going to be an issue and when I start my second job it's going to stay an issue.

I've decided to take today and not do ANYTHING. I'm off from work, I have no doc appts, I need to go grocery shopping and do laundry but I need a day for just ME. So far I've had about 2 cups of water, when I have 2 more I will drink 2 cups of green tea and do that until I've had about 96+ oz of water throughout the day. I've had a protein shake/fruit smoothie with flax for breakfast. I plan to juice today, mostly veggies, with a bit of fruit thrown in for good measure. I'm going to make a healthy lunch and dinner, joey is off today, we're going to eat lots of veggies, drink lots of water/green tea and exercise twice as much as usual. Today, is a reboot.

I'm also going to cook several bulk meals to throw in Tupperware and freeze for the week. This way I can come home and reheat something quickly instead of buckling and going out to eat just because I'm too tired and worn out to come home and cook and clean up the mess.

Today will be a good day. :)

What kind of stuff do you do to 'reboot'?

Keep an eye out for a new recipe coming soon! Maybe tonight ;)

Comments

  1. I love fried tofu from Japanese restaurants. Tofu is delicious in any form!

    For reboot, I normally exercise, aim to sleep well, eat well and drink lots of water. I always need to reboot after I come back from traveling so I think I'm used to it and it's a given now.

    Have a wonderful Sunday and good luck with your new week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

"Courage is the hallmark of a warrior"

Are you traveling this path alone, or with your significant other? Joey and I started on this path in earnest on October 19th 2010. He eventually went veggie, I went vegan and we've both become pretty health conscious.  He's lost about 22 lbs, I've lost almost 70 now. (He doesn't have nearly as much to lose.)  Exposure Therapy Joey has a fairly wide streak of social anxiety. He came with me to the gym the day I got my free 3 day pass earlier this week. He even came on the tour of the gym with me, which was panic inducing for him. I had butterflies, but he was shaking and miserable just sitting in the waiting area after the tour, and he was all alone.  Today I asked him to sign up for the 3day pass. I know right now he doesn't have the time or the drive to get a membership, he just wouldn't use it enough for it to matter. But I wanted him to expose himself to the idea, I think exposure therapy is good for him, in many ways.  I think it can help a lot of peop

"Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving."

I looked at this blog for the first time in two years the other day. I wanted to reference a post in another piece of writing. I had completely forgotten that I had revamped this site, and I like its look now. I do honestly miss writing here. So, I might try and liven the joint up a bit. Check back soon! Where am I now? I am going for a physical next Friday. It will be the first one I've had in a year and a half.  I have been gaining and losing the same 20 pounds my entire life, it seems. I have had some severe health issues in the last couple of years, like heavy shit that I'm not going to bore you with right now. Either way, my immune system decided to go bust. I have spent close to a year trying to improve it. I'm eating pretty healthy, I take vitamins now, and immune-boosting gummies, and zinc and blah blah blah. I was also suffering from chronic dehydration. Don't let yourself get there kiddie winkies. It's a bad time. I have spent the last three months or

Cookbook giveaway! (Appetite for Reduction) Enter now!

This contest is for U.S residents only: Okay, so I have a few ideas for some giveaways that I'm planning on doing over the next few months. This is the first one, the next one I'll do once I hit 100 followers cuz it's a bigger prize and I'd like as many people as possible to be able to enter and spread the word. Contest Deadline: Starts now (April 12th) Ends before midnight (eastern time) April 22nd 2011 For now, I will be giving away a copy of my favorite cookbook, Appetite for Reduction , by Isa Chandra Moskowitz  << Her website. The Prize: This book is amazing, a lot of non-vegans think that vegan cookbooks are all full of strange ingredients that are only available at health food stores, but that isn't the case with this book. It has simple recipes made with easy to find and prepare ingredients and nearly everything in the book is between 200-400 calories per serving, and the servings are a good size. I've made many fabulous dishes from this b